lunes, 26 de octubre de 2015

Outside Halloween Party

12. Escritura (writing)

12.1. Halloween
(Topics: fashion matters, fiesta matters)


My Outside Halloween Party

Halloween is a Bank Holiday (31 October).
Next Saturday, I'm going to throw a fancy dress party. It will be out in the fresh air of my garden and during the afternoon. There is 16 and over policy: it isn't a children party.

I'm offering a buffet with finger food and drinks.



Throwing a party is expensive: you have to buy tasteful healthy food and drinks; you have to rent tablecloths, napkins, cutlery, glasses, crockery... I will have to sell tickets at  £2.20. It isn't an overpriced. It's just for pay expenses (at least a portion).

Most people think that hosting a party is the most stressful thing ever,  however I don't.

I know  that some girls are wearing school uniforms as japanese students (anime costumes); my little brother is wearing as a homeless: crumpled, dowdy and unflattering clothes; my best friend Mary is wearing a framed picture of `still life´ costume.

But I'll see a lot of superhero, pirate, horror and tv/film costumes, you know...

And what about my costume?

I tryed on two costumes in an ugly fitting room in a dirty costume shop that I didn't buy because of the size of the costumes: I needed a  eighteen size (UK) but they only had a sixteen size (UK). The shop assistant said that those clothes fitted me, but they didn't! Needless to say, I didn't buy anything there.



A local seamstress  (miracle lady! ) made me a Teatime Mad Hatter Costume (L size). This costume features a  jacket in plum color; a contrasting dress composed of a turquoise top and a midnight blue  skirt; a funny old-fashioned big hat; a pair of  tight black leggins and a blue glovelettes. I paid that artistic job in cash as an old school woman (anyway, she didn't accept `plastic´! ).

In the party, we are playing games like Witch Hunt (like hide and seek but with costumes), the Skull (like soccer but with a plastic skull)...

All my guests are `party animals´so fun is guaranteed (they never will be party-poopers!).

This year I don't know who will be the life and soul of the party.
Bets are accepted!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario